Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

27 August 2013

Week 91: Transfers!

Mom - Well that is good news! I'm glad Marilee is back! :) It sounds like you had a bit of a hectic time getting everything ready and stuff, but its' good to hear that she's back. I'm glad that you're going to be able to spend some time with her, and I hope everything is going alright!
Marilee - Hey!! I'm so glad that you're back! I'm not yet, but I'm glad you are! :) Just let me know if there's anything I can do for you!
Dad - Today we were in Wal-Mart and I saw a cardboard stand covered with jack-o-lanterns and filled with Halloween candy and I thought "What? Already?" It's hard to think that October's just around the corner! Time really just disappears lately... I don't know what happens to it haha.
Well yeah, this week is transfers, and the last couple of days we've been announcing to the mission all the changes, and there's a lot. Elder Mello is being let go as AP and is going to Dominica, and I'll be getting a new companion tomorrow, Elder Turbovsky. He's a great missionary and we're going to have a good time this transfer I think. :) Lots of other changes are happening in the mission, and it's gonna be a fun next couple of days haha...
Goodbye Elder Peacock - with Elder Mello & Elder Gardner

But yeah, this past week was pretty chill and normal. We taught our investigators, and they're doing great.
This week we've spent a lot of time with member families, who have invited us to eat. We've been sharing scriptures and stuff with them in hopes of rekindling that fire that they felt at baptism (because most all of them are converts), thus increasing their desire to share the gospel with their friends and family. It's been a pretty great week for that reason.

Also, Elder Mello and I this week spent a day in Lares with the ZLs over there. That was a blast! Lares is on the eastern side of the island, and is really really mountainous. Well, the mountains are more like hills, but you know what I mean. I tried some weird fruit called guamá, which is this big black seed covered in white hairy fruit and is found in a weird long green shell - pictures on the way. It was pretty good though! But yeah, that was fun!
Anyway, just another week on the mission. :) I said I'd bear testimony of something each week from here on out, so here we go. I know that the scriptures are the word of God. Like it says in 2 Timothy 3:16-17: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." I know that the Book of Mormon is true, with all my heart. It's changed my life and has made me a better person. I also know that the Bible is the word of God, and I have been studying it more in-depth lately. Both of these sacred books guide us to God, and help us to really come to know our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that as we live the principles contained in these books, we will find peace in the life and joy in the life to come.

Thank you for everything that you do, and I truly hope that all is well with you and that you have a fantastic week!

Love,

Elder Kimball Ray Gardner

Puerto Rico San Juan Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment