Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

20 August 2013

Week 90: I Love Puerto Rico, I Can Feel I'm Going to Miss It

Mom - Well... I'm sorry you had a rough time at the thing. It'll all get better with time, though. I know that's not much consolation, but... that's all I've got right now haha.. :S Anyway, I love you Mom and I hope you have a better week.
Dad - Well it sounds like Utah has gotten pretty hot… wow. Knowing my luck it'll be like 30 below this December. I'm resigned to the fact that I will be basically crippled the first few days back home haha... It gets down into the 70's here and I get a little chilly, so... the 20's of winter may be the death of me ;) Just kidding haha... I'll get used to it again.
Elder Gardner, Pres. Smartt, Sis. Smartt
Anyway, a rather normal week. We had a few really cool lessons, and there's this one investigator who is preparing for baptism on the 31st! We had a cool lesson on the Word of Wisdom, and we invited her to give us all her coffee to throw away, and she did! We then fasted this weekend so that she would have the strength to overcome that addiction. That was pretty cool. Other than that, we pretty much just need to find new investigators. The next couple weeks will be interesting, and we'll know the transfers this weekend, so I'll let you know those next week. I probably won't be going anywhere, but Elder Mello's been AP and in Guaynabo for a little while, so there might be changes there. Hopefully not though, he's awesome!
I don't really know what else to say... it was a rather uneventful week haha. Oh, Elder Peacock is going home, so you may run into him haha. But I think I'm going to try and end all my letters from here on out with a short testimony of some gospel truth.

I guess this week I'll testify of the power of the Holy Ghost in our learning. I didn't take it seriously before, even though I did it, but scripture study and prayer have become one of my favorite things. I love the morning hours to study and search the scriptures. I learn so much, and it's all little by little. "Line upon line and precept upon precept." The thing is, if we don't show the Lord that we treasure that light that He gives us, we can't continue to receive it - He won't provide it any more. I testify that the Holy Ghost truly can teach us the truth of all things (John 16:13-NT, Moroni 10:5-BoM), and that if we really try to listen to His voice, He can guide us and teach us. He gives us light, and He keeps us safe from the darkness. I know that revelation is true. There's nothing that separates us from the source of all truth, Our Heavenly Father, and we can turn to Him always to help us.
I love you all so much, and the time here on the mission has gone by so fast. Too fast. I love Puerto Rico and I can already feel that I'm going to miss it so much. It will always have a piece of my heart (especially Guayanilla!), because this people have touched me in a way that I can't explain. :)

Anyway, thanks for everything, and know that my prayers are with you always.
Love,
Elder Kimball Ray Gardner
Puerto Rico San Juan Mission

PS: I have a picture with Pres. & Sis. Smartt!


No comments:

Post a Comment