Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

05 August 2013

Week 88: Two Baptisms, A Wedding and a Testimony

A good week this week. :)
Mom - Happy birthday!! I'm glad you liked the card :) I hope you had a good day, and it looks like you had a good time in Yellowstone! That's pretty cool that you got to see a bunch of elk and stuff - I love Yellowstone. I remember still that 50 mile hike we did in scouts - that was a blast! I'd like to do it again. :) Anyway, those condominiums looked real nice! Oh, and I haven't been bombarded at all haha... I guess a year and 8 months of not writing isn't much incentive to do so, right? ;) Haha no worries though, life's good :)
Dad - That is a pretty incredible experience, thanks for sharing it. She'll be okay. I'm sure of it. :) In any case, I'm glad she had a good time at Yellowstone and everything. :) It looks like you had fun!
Anyway, before I tell about the week, in our weekly office staff meeting, Pres. Smartt actually talked about parents coming to pick up missionaries, and here's basically what he said: that it's highly discouraged by the Church, but that if you choose to do so, you must plan the lodging and traveling and stuff. Also, on my part, I will need to dress and do all things according to the missionary handbook still. To be honest, I'd much rather be able to do normal things like go swimming at the beach and stuff during your visit here - that's like half the benefit of coming to Puerto Rico haha... but yeah, so just some food for thought.
With Kate and Berto's family
Kate and Berto's wedding
               
                                                                                          



Anyway, we had a pretty great week, even though it was filled with trials. We had two baptisms this week though, and there was a wedding so that one of them could do so!! It was great :) I also was blessed with the opportunity to perform the baptism of our convert yesterday, and I'll send pics of that. It was a good week, and we really saw the hand of the Lord in the work. Oh, and I was able to play the Wedding March at the wedding - it was a blast. :) Good times!
Other than that, life just keeps on plugging along - really quickly, but it just keeps going! We don't have a ton of investigators, so our goal is to find a bunch this week.
Eridania's baptism
Berto's baptism
I don't really have much else to say, so I guess I'll just share how grateful I am to be here on a mission. It's been a humbling, learning experience to serve, and it's really helped me to figure out who I am, and more importantly, who I want to be. My goal now in these last four months is to figure out the "how": How do I become who I want to be; and then it'll be up to me to put it into action when I get home. I have ideas, and I know that the Lord will help me with that. I know the Savior lives, and that through Him, all our sins, griefs, pains, afflictions, and sorrows can be taken away. I love Him and thank Him every day for the Atonement. Joseph Smith saw what he said he saw, I know it. And I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It has changed my life. I know that Pres. Monson is a prophet, and I can't wait to hear from him and the other apostles in a couple of months. :) Anyway, I love you all so much, and I hope that you have a happy anniversary this week. Thanks for everything you do, I love you!!
PS - Remember what you did for Elder Caballero? If you are planning on sending a package, I know that Elder Mello would be ecstatic to receive one. He's more of a sweet tooth, so I think whatever will be fine. Maybe talk to Erik, since Elder Mello's from Peru, maybe Erik can help out with stuff that he'd like, I don't know haha. Anyway, thanks for everything! Love you!!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Kimball Ray Gardner

Puerto Rico San Juan Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment