Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

13 August 2013

Week 89: Time Keeps Moving

Well, a relatively normal week I guess.

Mom - Well now that I understand the situation better, I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing not to go to the beach... I'd be pretty bummed but it's better than not going at all haha. But just know that Dad would have to go everywhere I go! I'd still be a missionary, so... yeah. Anyway, I'll let you guys talk to President about that and see what he tells you. Whatever the Lord wants is what will happen. I feel confident that He wants us to spend time here in Puerto Rico, but it's the how that I'm not so sure about. He'll let us know though. :) Oh, and still no emails from anyone - try and post it on my facebook and if nothing happens then... it's been a year and 8 months and I'm used to it by now haha ;)
Dad - Well I'm sure the Lord will prepare a way for it to happen. Like I said, I feel like it's supposed to happen, but I'm not sure how. I really hope that Marilee starts to improve though.  And I did start looking through the BYU stuff, and I'm a bit confused (…)but maybe if you could call them and talk to them about that? Anyways, thanks!! :)
So... before I say too much about my week, I want to share with you guys some thoughts I've been having, and some personal revelation I've received this week with respect to my future. For most of my mission I've been thinking that I know myself pretty well, and I am going to need a career that will help me keep studying and to keep on the path to eternal life. I've also developed a great love of teaching the gospel here, and to use the scriptures to unfold the doctrines of the kingdom. All that being said, this past week it's occurred to me that a definite possibility for me would be to find a career in the Church Educational System teaching either Seminary or Institute (obviously institute would be the goal there). The great thing about it is that they ask you to get a degree in whatever field, meaning I can still pursue my English major, thus keeping other doors open. In any case, I feel really optimistic about this, and I feel good about it. Elder Tesch, a senior missionary out here was an institute teacher, and he once told me that there wasn't a day of his life where he didn't wake up looking forward to his job. That's the kind of job I want; and what better career to have than to study the gospel every day, all day? I can still play the piano and maybe record some music there too. I don't know, but I feel really good about it. I'll definitely pray about it, and there's a lot of time, because I can't get into that program without a degree in something, so that won't be for at least a couple of years - but I think I'd really love it. :)
Well, this week was pretty uneventful. We went down to Ponce one day to do a companion exchange with a couple of elders down there (by President's invitation), and we had a blast! It was great, and I enjoyed being back on the southern side of the island again. We ate quinepas and everything, so that was good. :) It was pretty hot though.

Other than that, we spent a lot of time this week trying to find people. We've been working in the campo of Guaynabo this week, in an area called Caimito, and it's been pretty fun. We have also been helping to teach our recent converts, and it's great to see them keep growing and progressing in the gospel.
New Car
We switched out our Corolla for a new 2014 Chevy Cruze - it's a pretty nice car. No, I still haven't had the chance to get a picture with Pres. Smartt yet, but we have meetings together all day on Thursday, so I'll be sure to get one then. :) Sorry!

Anyway, I love you all so much. It's unreal how fast the time has gone - it's already almost halfway through August... and we just started!! Agh! But yeah, I love you all so much and look forward to hearing from you next week!
Con mucho amor

Elder Kimball Ray Gardner

Puerto Rico San Juan Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment