Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

01 July 2013

Week 83: 5 for Alma Who Came Back Alive! (Oh, and Welcome Pres. Smartt!!)

Well, what a week! It's been pretty crazy and pretty emotional, but it's been a good one. :) The transition week, and right now we have a new mission president, Pres. Smartt!
Mom - Well I hope that Marilee can get through whatever it is that is stopping her from progressing. I know that through faith in Christ, everything will work out. She'll get better, and she'll find her way home. If we just keep praying and doing all that we can, she'll be alright. :) Anyway, on a lighter note, the new flag pole looks great!! I love seeing that Utah flag there, and the retention pond looks cool too haha (corner of 3200 W and Gordon).
Dad - Well... that is really HOT. Holy cow. 105 degrees?? Blech. At least it's not humid, right? Haha but still… that's HOT. I think we're in the high 80's down here right now, so it's still pretty nice. I hope the lawn is looking better and stuff, hang in there Dad!! Oh, and have you had a chance to look at my stuff for BYU?
 
With Sis. & Pres. Alvarado, E. Stout
Anyway, like I said, a bit of a crazy week. We had a meeting on Thursday with us and all the DLs, and that was pretty intense. It was really good though, and an emotional goodbye from Pres. and Sis. Alvarado at the end. I got a picture with them though, so that was good. However, that wasn't the end! Elder Stout and I put together a bit of a "private concert" for the Alvarado family, and on Saturday night we went to their apartment in Guaynabo, and he sang a few songs while I played the piano, and then I played a few solos also. It was a special night.

However, we didn't finish, and so they invited us back after church. We actually did a special musical number in the Guaynabo ward, and then we went back to their apartment and did a few more songs, including Waterfall, a special one I made for them, and then of course, God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again. Talk about emotional. It hadn't really sunk in yet that they were leaving, but it was still touching. Last night it sunk in more, but wow... very sad. But at the same time, I’m happy for them as they move forward in their lives. :)
 
At El Morro
After that, Elder Caballero and I went to the Stake Center because Pres. Alvarado had scheduled a meeting for Pres. Smartt with Pres. Rosa, the Stake Pres. So we went there and met Pres. Smartt! He's a young guy full of energy, and he's pretty intense also. It'll be fun to get to know him and to work with him, and I'll let you know next week how that all goes haha... we have a Mission Leaders' Council with him on Friday I think, so that will be fun.

Anyway, so that was that, and it was just a crazy week haha… Wow. Anyway, I hope this week is a bit more normal, and I'll send you some pics from this last crazy week, and some from the fun P-day last week. :) Anyway, I love you all so much, and thank you for everything! I hope you are all doing great!

With much love from sunny/rainy Puerto Rico,
--
Elder Kimball Ray Gardner

Puerto Rico San Juan Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment