Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

11 July 2013

Week 84: 4th of July

Well mother, I hate to say it, but... your hair looks a LOT more gray now haha... wow. 

Mom - Well it sounds like it was a pretty eventful week for you. I’m glad that Marilee is reading the Bible. The Bible is a powerful book, and it's interesting that this week I've decided to learn more about the New Testament, so I can better teach about Christ's ministry and the ministry of His Twelve Apostles. Oh, and also about the beginnings of the Great Apostasy. She'll feel the Spirit as she reads it because it's true, and it will lead her to have faith in Christ. It'll all work out, just you see. :) It'll be tough, but it'll all work out in the end. Anyway, it looks like you had a normal 4th of July haha... oh the fun, right?
Dad - Well I would have loved to watch you all running around trying to capture the flag. No videos Mom? ;) Haha no, I love capture the flag, so that's cool you got to play it! It sounds like you had a good 4th of July though, and don't worry, no fireworks on this end, either :( Anyway, that's a really cool testimony, and I feel the same way. Thanks for sharing that. And have fun with the noodles and sauce, that sounds really good right now haha. I haven't eaten noodles and sauce since I left Guayanilla, so… it's been a while! 
 
American missionaries in PR
Anyway, I never realized just how much I loved the 4th of July before, but man, when I can't celebrate it, that's when I realize haha... I felt very patriotic that day. That morning my two American compatriots and I sang the Star Spangled Banner and wore red, white, and blue. :) However, there was one part of the day where we rode through Ocean Park looking for an investigator, and EVERYBODY was at the beach, and they all had their barbecues and everything... AGH!! The smell was so good… and I just wanted to party haha. Needless to say, we left that area in a heartbeat. However, a member family was so kind as to cook up some hamburgers and hot dogs for us, so we went there, and I at least had my traditional 4th of July hamburger. :) So that saved the day. 

However, I had been looking forward to seeing fireworks at night (because we live in Caparra really close to Fort Buchanan - you'd think a military base would do something on the 4th?), but I was sorely disappointed. I think there was smoke in the air from the fireworks by the time we got home. Goodness. Haha but it was a good day, and it will be good to party like a true American next July 4th ;)

Anyway, besides that, we had a good week teaching our investigators, and there's this one lady, Cassandra, who's the mother of a recent convert in Trujillo Alto, and she's golden!! She's a great person and she's progressing so much. She loves the Book of Mormon and she’s enjoying the lessons, and said she'd get baptized! There's also a few other investigators that we're teaching that are doing really well right now too, so life is pretty good. :) I'm kinda sick right now, but doing alright. It's crazy to think how fast the time is going. It doesn't feel like it's been all that long, but when I look at the pictures you send, especially of the cousins, it's easy to see that it's been a while. Everyone looks so different. I don't know if I look different at all, but everyone else sure does haha... older, that's for sure.

So yeah, I love you all so much, and thank you for everything. :) Love you!!

Con muchisimo amor,

Elder Kimball Ray Gardner

Puerto Rico San Juan Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment