Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

10 June 2013

Week 80: The Fun Never Stops in the Caribbean

Haha well the fun never stops here in the Caribbean (hard to believe, right?) But yeah, a pretty good week I think. :)

Mom - It's weird to think about graduation... that was 2 years ago! Agh! Haha but yeah... wow. And yes, I am so happy that things worked out the way they did, because I'm just so content with life. Anyway, I love you, Mom, and I do miss mowing the lawn and bagging the grass, so that makes two of us ;)
Dad - Well it looks like things are kind of boring back home! I bet you're loving the new calling though, I sure would! It would be like right now being relieved of my ZL assignment and becoming a normal senior companion somewhere... if only... Anyway, I'll keep watch for the packages; we're going to the office today, so I'll see if they're there. :) Thanks for everything dad, and I hope you have a happy Father's day on Sunday! I'll try and send a card as soon as I can. :)
18 month picture
Anyway, so a pretty good week I think. A member last Wednesday took us out to eat at Sizzler, and that's the first time in a while I've actually felt "trunky" haha... oh wow. Eating American food again... wow. It was good. But bad. But good, because I wasn't too trunky for too long haha ;) But yeah, then on Friday we had a Mission Leaders' Council, which was Pres. Alvarado's last one. To be different from all the others, we did it in the mission apartment, which used to be the mission home, before they got that one. It's on the 15th floor of this beautiful apartment building in Guaynabo, and from there, you can see all of San Juan, Carolina, Trujillo, Bayamón, and Guaynabo. It was great. Basically, you can see all of the San Juan Zone. Yay! But it was good, and it was a good meeting. 

Besides that, we taught a lot of good lessons, and there's a couple of our investigators who are progressing toward baptism. One, his name is Modesto, came to church, and we set date for the 23rd with him. He wasn't all that sure about it, but we're going to push our faith and make it happen.

Also, Francisco is doing great! He loves the church and he comes out with us all the time to lessons. He's progressing so much and learns so much, and he now participates in lessons, bears his testimony, and just ... is great! My most active convert to be sure. :) I'm so thankful to have gotten to know him, and I can't wait to see the kind of missionary that he'll be a year from now. He's a stud.

But yeah, other than that... just the same old missionary routine and worrying about the zone. Really tired, and sometimes overwhelmed, but always happy. :) Thanks to the Atonement, I don't have a reason to be sad.

Anyway, I love you all so much, and I hope you're doing great! I hope the summer's not too hot for ya, and that you enjoy it! I think it's gonna be a hot one here, but we'll see. I think there are some storms a-brewin' out in the Atlantic, so we'll see what happens there. But yeah, love you lots!
Con mucho amor
 
Elder Kimball Ray Gardner

Puerto Rico San Juan Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment