Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

07 May 2013

Week 75: Just Another Week in Paradise

It's good to hear that things are just being normal for a little while.

Mom - You caught me just in time! I was just emailing you guys haha. I'm not exactly sure what to think about you chopping off your hair, but we'll see what I think next week haha... oh wow. I have heard that song you're talking about (Holding Hands Around the World), so I know what you mean! It's a really great song. :) And yes, I do remember Jonathan! He's a great guy. He lives in Yauco, and I started teaching him with Elder Durfee when we were down there. Good times. :)
Dad – About  the phone call on Sunday, I'm thinking that we're going to try at about 5:00 our time, which would be 2:00 your time. However, it could be any time after that. Just be ready and be watching from 1:00 and onward, although I think it'd be too early at 1:00 for you. So I'm planning on going to the member's house at 5:00, and it could be any time after, I don't know what my companion's plan is, but we'll figure it all out, I'm pretty sure we'll have the skype all figured out.
 
Vega Baja
Anyway, this past week was pretty crazy, we had our last zone conference with President Alvarado, and it was pretty intense. He talked about repentance and then about planning, so it was a good meeting. Really long, but really good. On Friday we had a Mission Leaders' Council (now replacing the Zone Leaders' Council) and that was pretty intense also, but really good. Besides that, we had a bunch of really great lessons this week, and we have a few people that can be baptized this month! One of them is named Francisco P…, and he's about 18 years old. He's great, and I am confident that he'll get baptized this month. There's also a guy named Modesto that can get baptized, along with a few others. 

It's great serving in Puerto Rico, and I don't think I could have asked for a better mission. It's really intense, and very hard and stressful, but at the same time so rewarding, and I feel free and happy and at peace with the world. :) I see the world differently, and I've learned a lot of things that I need to keep doing when this December rolls around.

Anyway, know that I love you all so very much. My prayers are always with you, and I look forward to Sunday! It's crazy to think that that's the last phone call before I see you again. Wow! Crazy how the time flies... Anyway, love you lots, and I'll talk to you soon. :) 


Con muchisimo amor
--
Elder Kimball Ray Gardner
Puerto Rico San Juan Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment