Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

14 January 2013

Week 59: "Children, Go Where I Sent Thee"


Hey y'all, that's a lot of snow!! I'm just here enjoying life in San Juan where it is a balmy 80 degrees. :) Haha oh man, that is one thing I do not miss about home, the snow and ice. Yuck. Anyways...

Mom - You know, dad said you'd tell me a lot about a lot of stuff, and... you didn't. ;) Haha that's okay, it sounds like things are pretty crazy back there! That's way cool that they have a new Texas Roadhouse by the mall!! That's awesome. That's also cool that you saw Taylar. I thought he'd be out by now, but that's good that he's saving up and getting ready to go.
Dad - Well I can't believe that Rex is now overweight, after being skinny and underweight all his life! I guess he's just lost the spring in his step now and can't burn off all that food. :( Poor guy, I hope he is doing alright even though he's starting to get old. :( That's also sad to hear about Bro. Judkins, but I'm sure he's happy where he is now, enjoying a "rest from all his labors" in paradise. :)

Tortola - traveling with the choir for Christmas 2012

Anyway, I actually have a few minutes to write you today! Yay! Anyway, it's been a pretty crazy week, and having zone leader responsibilities on top of everything is a bit obnoxious, but it all works out. Oh, and by the way, I watched the CD from Thanksgiving, and it was great. :) Also, I did get a keychain from the Alvarados for Christmas, for the whole choir thing, so if you don't find any ornaments, I'll just use that as my ornament for last year. :) It's pretty cool, so I'd be fine with it.

But yeah, so this week was really good. We taught a lot of investigators, and I am really loving it with Elder Peacock. He's a great companion, and I honestly feel like we're having some fantastic lessons. I feel like I've had the best lessons with him, so it's pretty good! We have had to do some crazy stuff like picking missionaries up from the airport and stuff, but it's been good, and I've been learning more and more about my responsibilities as a zone leader. 

We have another leadership training meeting tomorrow, so that should be interesting haha. But yeah, besides that, we found this crazy less active guy over in Condado (the rich part of Santurce), and we finally had a return appointment, and he brought somebody to teach! so that was really cool. Her name is Cruz Mercedes, and it was really great. She is super receptive, and very prepared for the gospel. She still doesn't understand all the way, but she'll get there. :) We also had another cool experience where we went to teach an investigator, and she wasn't there, but her neighbor was out, and we were able to teach her and she definitely felt the Spirit. She was actually crying by the end of the lesson because the Spirit was so strong. :) It was great! Also, on a tradeoff with Elder Udall, we found another way cool lady to teach. So it's been a good week for teaching, I think, and I really enjoyed it. :) We don't have any baptismal dates, sadly, but we'll get those soon.

Oh, and I almost forgot, the reason I didn't have much time last week was because we as a choir went out to eat at P.F. Chang's at Plaza Las Americas. That was pretty cool. Mom and Marilee, you would LOVE Plaza Las Americas, and I plan on taking you there when you come to visit Puerto Rico. :) Dad, you'll still like it, but you'll have to guard your wallet ;) Haha. But yeah, anyway, that's most of the week, I think! I'll try and be more organized for next week with my thoughts, just right now I'm all over the place still figuring things out. But I love you all so very much, and I hope that you're all staying safe, healthy, and doing great. Thank you for everything, and I look forward to hearing from you next week!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Kimball Ray Gardner
Puerto Rico San Juan Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment