Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

16 April 2012

Week 21: Crazy Week!

My dear family! It has been quite the crazy week! I don't have a ton of time to write today, so I'm going to have to keep it a bit shorter, sorry! But it was a good week, and we were able to take a little break one day, but I'll get to that a little later. First, to respond to you all.

Mom - I cannot believe that my little sister is a beehive now. I thought about that the other day, and it blew my mind. I can't believe that she's already in Young Women's! And that she's already having activities and everything! That's so crazy. I hope she's enjoying it though. :) But thank you for your kind words and for your support. I love you!
Dad - As long as the ukulele serves its purpose, I'm fine with that. For all I care, she can keep it! :) I know it has my name on it and all, but it can be hers if she wants it. And thank you for sending that stuff, I know it might have been an inconvenience, and I don't think I'll need anything more, so thank you so much. And you had better send me pictures of the zombies and everything once you get them! I can only imagine that Mom is starting to freak out a little bit haha...
Marilee - I will write to you separately. :)

Alright, so here's the week as fast as I can type it! I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense, but we have to leave in about half an hour because the library is closing. So here we go.


Monday was a normal p-day. We went and played some TALL Puerto Ricans in basketball, and got beat pretty bad haha. We almost had 'em the last game, but they made the last second shot. :\ Oh well. That night we did trade-offs and I went with Elder Waters to an FHE while Elder Hammer went with Elder Campbell. So that was kinda cool.

Tuesday was a great day! We had our Easter Conference as a whole mission, and we went up to San Juan, where we received some instruction from the Alvarados and then Pres. Alvarado's counselors, and then we had a cool cultural presentation from the countries represented in our mission, and then we headed for Old San Juan, which is the fort that the Spanish built here forever ago. It was really cool! We saw some cruise ships, and one was the Celebrity Solstice, their newest one!! I got a picture of it, and I'll be sending it home. Memories! :) Anyway, the fort was really cool too, and it was great to finally see the ocean because I never get to see it, working in Caguas, which is in the middle of the island. At the fort, there was a cool program with a bunch of Puerto Rican dancers who danced some of their cultural dances. It was really cool, and I'll try and send pictures to you of those, too. But yeah, Tuesday was a really great day!





Wednesday morning Elder Hammer and I had a training meeting up in Bayamón, which was really good. We learned how to better plan our days so that we can find people more effectively and also work better with the members. It was good. That night we were able to go out with the Aaronic Priesthood from our ward, and visited some of the less actives and other investigators. That was a cool experience! It was good to go out and talk with some of the less actives in our ward and invite them back to church.
Thursday we planned for a couple of lessons, but nobody followed through, unfortunately. So basically we contacted that whole day, and passed by a bunch of people who weren't home. We did go to the Gonzalez' home and visited with them for a bit, which was nice. We shared a message of missionary work with them to get them excited to help the missionaries.
Friday and Saturday were both about the same. No lessons or anything, and basically we just contacted and found some cool people in the streets. We did set some return appointments with them, which was really good. We have a bunch of citas this week planned, so hopefully we have a little more success this week! The only difference between the two days is that Saturday rained a TON. We got DRENCHED. I was soaked all the way through. My scriptures got wet and a few other books in my backpack got wet. But it was fun haha. :) It was kind of cold and whatnot, but it was good. Needless to say, we weren't able to contact too well in the rain, given that the people here are scared of the rain. Unfortunately we weren't able to teach Bryan either, because finals week is here. :( He also had to study so much that he couldn't come to church... so that was bad news for us. And basically, that's how Saturday was. And then yesterday was Fast Sunday here, and after church and lunch, we went out to work, and passed by a few people who once again couldn't let us in, and then did some contacting. We did find a pretty cool family though, and they really seem promising. We're going back this week, which will be good. :)

Other than that, that's the week! I apologize again for the lack of detail. It's a holiday today in Puerto Rico so everything's closed, and we're forced to come here where they close soon. Next week should be better, but I hope that all is going well at home! I love you very much, and pray for you every day. Thank you, as always, for your support and for what you do for me. You are probably the best family in the world, without whom I would be lost. :) Thank you so much, and I look forward to hearing from you again next week!

With much love,
--

Elder Kimball Ray Gardner
Puerto Rico San Juan Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment