Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

15 December 2011

Week 2: Still in Provo


Well I got all your wonderful emails, and thank you! It's so good to hear back from you and hear all about what's going on back home.
-
Anyway, I don't have much time to write or anything (just 20 minutes now!) so I can't quite address everything you wrote to me, but just know that I really love reading all about your lives and I think the newsletter looks great! Maybe send me one just because :)
-
Anyway, on to my points. First off, pictures. Here in the MTC I can't upload pictures onto emails, so I can't email any home to you, so I have a couple options for ya. 1. I can mail home my SD card, and you can take all the pictures off and then mail it back. I have others so we can kind of rotate that way. 2. I can print off some pictures in the MTC bookstore and just mail those home to you. Just mail me a little card or something to let me know what you prefer. I hope to have better luck in the field!
-
And once again, thank you for the Oreos and the other items I requested :) And I will watch for the next package! Thank you!
*
Also, I forget when the IB ceremony thing was. Was it the 9th or the 19th? Either way, tell me how that goes next time, I'd like to know when you get my hard-earned diploma!!
If you are going to be sending any packages for Christmas, be sure that they will get here before the 23rd. The MTC won't be accepting any local packages after that time, and I'm pretty sure you guys qualify as local. :)
-
Also, I'm very upset as well that I won't be able to call on Christmas, but like I said on the card, my departure date looks like it will be the 27th, so as far as I know I should be able to call then. If any different, I'll let you know, but as far as I know I should be able to call before flying out. And don't worry about the jacket, I'll be fine. :) I grew up in Utah so this is nothing!
*
Another thing, I was walking down one of the hallways here and saw a picture of Pres. Barney as one of the past MTC Presidents! I had no idea that he was once an MTC Pres. That was really cool to see.
This past Tuesday night we were privileged to hear from Sis. Elaine S. Dalton, the General Young Women's President! That was a real treat, and she talked about having a "different kind of Christmas." It will be one of asking for Spiritual Gifts rather than real gifts. It was a great talk!
-
Elder Kerr and I have picked up two new "investigators", Juana and BJ. They are just our teachers, but we've been promised that as long as we treat the role playing the right way, miracles can still happen. I think we're really progressing in teaching, and in both our first lessons with them, we were able to extend the invitation to baptism as well as leave them with the Book of Mormon and a pamphlet on the Restoration. It's a really cool learning experience and I really enjoy teaching. It's probably the best time out of the long hours in the classroom. (On a side note, Dad, what buildings were your dorms and classes? Mine are 6M and 7M respectively).
-
Over the past few days I've also gotten to see Elders Paxman, Ulrich, Snow, and Durbano! It's so good to see them, and I was happy to welcome Ian and Drew to the MTC. I see Jonny Snow all over the place, which is pretty funny. In fact, I saw him just this morning at the temple! Sadly, today was my last day at the Provo temple until I return home, because it will be closed until next year, at which time I'll be happily in the DR.
-
In all, I am glad to hear that you are all doing well. I love and miss you all, but I am happy here. You are the very best family and I wish you the very best! Enjoy the Christmas season and know that you are in my prayers every day.
-
Con mucho amor,
Elder Gardner
P.S. I was sick for the past few days with a cold. No fun. But I'm doing better :) Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment