Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

08 December 2011

Week 1: MTC Provo


Well I'm glad to finally hear from you! I'm glad everything is going well at home. I heard about that horrible windstorm that happened last Wednesday and I was worried, but I'm glad you're all okay. Tell me more about that windstorm maybe? I heard a lot of damage happened to Farmington, and I was pretty surprised by everything that happened.
-
Anyway, thank you for the support! About the typhoid shot thing, they gave it to me anyway because I guess the shot is only good for two years, and since my last one was already a year old, they didn't want to take any chances with me going to Puerto Rico and all.
-
And thank you so much for your prayers, you are in mine as well. I love you all so much!!
Anyway, last Wednesday until about Sunday was pretty long and kinda rough because I missed you guys. We watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional Sunday night and that really made me miss you a lot because it reminded me of all our Christmases at home, but since then time has really been flying and I've really adjusted here.
-
I am really enjoying the MTC! Or the CCM (Centro de Capacitación Misional in Spanish.) Elder Kerr and I have been teaching Hermana Carolina, and after a few lessons, she finally just stopped us in the middle of the lesson and became our teacher, and taught us what we could be doing better. It was truly a learning experience and humbling, but it was really great, because our next lesson went much better, and we were able to get a soft commitment for her to come to church. It was great!
We also had the privilege of hearing from Steven E. Snow of the Presidency of the Seventy on Tuesday night, and that was really great. Also, today I was able to go to the Provo Temple, which was a great experience. It made me miss you guys because when I think of the Temple, I think of family, but it was a good experience.
It is cold here, and not having a jacket is kinda tough, and really makes me want to get to the DR sooner. And whenever I think of Puerto Rico, I just can't wait to get there! I really enjoy the MTC, but Puerto Rico sounds great right now. Also, I've seen Elder Paxman around a few times, and I will now be looking out for Elder Drew Durbano, as he came in yesterday.
-
As I said in my last email, Thursdays will be my Preparation Day from here on out, and that's the only time I'll be able to email or write you, as well as read your emails. So if you want to write me, I can get letters every day :) In fact, that would be great, as I haven't received any written mail from anybody yet :( I do love being able to email and everything, but getting mail during the week would be even better!

Anyway, I really hope you are all doing well. I hope you guys are having a good time getting ready for Christmas. I hope Marilee is doing well in school, and that the dogs are still doing well. Send everyone my love! I miss you but I know I am in the right place and doing the right thing. And in 17 days I get to talk to you all on the phone!! :)
-
With great love,
Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment