Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

04 December 2011

Week 0: At the MTC


Querida familia,
iHola!
-
Well today is Saturday, and the next time I'll be able to email you will be next Thursday. Thursdays will be my P-days from here until I get to the MTC in the DR, but I had a "half" P-day today and wanted to email you. :) Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how I'm doing.
-
Life at the MTC is pretty good. There's a lot of food and even more studying. My Spanish is coming back pretty quickly, and I'm even starting to think "en español." I'm still trying to focus on working and studying rather than thinking of home and you guys, but it's getting better.
My companion's name is Elder Kerr, and he's from Las Vegas. He's a pretty good guy! We started teaching our first "investigator" yesterday whose name is Carolina. She's really just a teacher here though. But it's gone okay, and this morning we committed her to read 3 Nefi 11 and Moroni 10:4-5 before our next visit, which is Monday. So that's some progress I guess.
Our district is great. We started with just 5 guys but we merged with another district and it's great being able to study and spend time with them. We have 5 élderes which are headed for Argentina, and one of them is going to Rosario!! Dad will be happy about that :) We also have 4 hermanas in our district who help bring the Spirit, and help with the Spanish.
-
I saw Elder Jonny Snow my first day here, but he was too far away to say hi. I looked for Elder Kody Anderson, but I think he's already left for St. Louis. I haven't seen Elder Neville at all, which is strange because two élderes in our district are going to his mission. Oh well. And I am very glad to say that I finally ran into Elder Paxman yesterday! It was really great to see him, and he seems to be having a great time here. He's coming along in Spanish, and he seems to be maturing well. I've seen a few other people I know and that's been pretty cool. Also, one guy from my district knows Elder Erik Hill really well, and he's even from Layton!
Anyway I'm just here doing my laundry, and kinda wishing I was in the DR already because it's getting cold here, but all in all it's pretty nice here! Elder Paxman told me that after Sunday things start to fly by, so we'll see about that. Anyway, I just want to say that I love you and miss you all. Send my love to the dogs. :) Thank you so much for your support and for being the very best! Sending you hugs!
-
Con mucho cariño,
Elder Gardner
-
P.S. I found a soap box thing, so you don't need to worry about sending me one of those. But I still need a USB cord and the dental floss threaders (2 bucks at Wal-mart) if that's okay. Also, I'll be sending home a few things I didn't need within a few days.
P.P.S. Also, my mailbox number here has changed to #145 instead of #142.
Thanks again! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment