Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

24 September 2013

Week 95: It's Because I'm Closer to the Bermuda Triangle

Well, the time just keeps on flying here... I don't know if it's because I'm closer to the Bermuda triangle, but man, time just is flying right now ;)

Mom - I love you Mom! I got to spend some time with some Argentines this week and I definitely thought about you.  More on that below. Love you!!
Dad - Well darn it... I was hoping BYU would win. Oh well, life moves on like it always does. :) I sent you an email about the classes and stuff, so if you could just take a look at that. I tried to plan them out a bit better today and stuff, so hopefully that looks better. Thanks!
Holding weird fruit
So it was a pretty good week this week, and Elder Turbovsky and I had a lot of great lessons. We had a really intense one last night. We took a member up to visit a less-active in Caimito, and we basically dropped pure doctrine on this guy. He got defensive but then the member, his friend, started talking and he was silenced. It was amazing! It was a really powerful lesson, and I'm really enjoying teaching with Elder Turbovsky. Some of my most powerful lessons are coming in this time we've been together. It's been great!
I also had the great privilege (for the first time on my mission) of going to an Evangelical church. This guy we talked to said he would only come to church if we went to his, and Elder Turbovsky said okay. So we went and it was definitely a different experience, but it was a really great learning experience. The next day as a result I studied the chapter in Preach my Gospel about recognizing the Spirit, and a goal I have now is to help the Puerto Rican people truly understand how the Spirit works and speaks, and how to feel it.
District with Ward mission leader
Friday evening we had a surprise missionary come in from Argentina, and it just happened to be the day that we were on companion exchanges with the ZLs in Toa Baja, and I was with one who was Argentine! So there were 2 1/2 Argentines in the car that evening haha. But yeah, so we got to pick him up from the airport and then we were told to take him to dinner by the office staff, so we took him to Sizzler. The next morning after we met back up with Elder Turbovsky, we went out and taught, and we discovered that this new missionary is AMAZING! He's a fireball and he set a baptismal date with one of our investigators. Awesome!! He's going to do great, and it's been a blessing to be able to know all these great missionaries. :)
Anyway, I'd like to testify of the Book of Mormon. I know that it is true. It testifies of Jesus Christ, and it truly helps us come unto Him. I love some of the final verses in Moroni, verses 32 and 33, where Moroni invites us to come unto Christ and to be perfected in Him. He is our Savior, and wants us to succeed. He loves us. I am so thankful for the Book of Mormon, and I echo the words of Joseph Smith, "that a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book". I have drawn nearer to my Savior because of this book, and I know that it can change lives.
I love you family! Don't get too trunky! We've still got a little while, so just hang in there. :) I love you very much and I'm thankful for everything you do.

Con mucho amor,

Elder Kimball Ray Gardner
Puerto Rico San Juan Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment