Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

11 February 2013

Week 63: Elder Andersen’s Visit


Mom - Let me just tell you though that I admire you so much for your resilience. You're a great example to me, and I thank you for it! I love you, Mom! 
Dad - And wow, that does look like a lot of snow back home! Hope it doesn't spoil too many Easter plans haha ... (it's crazy to think it's already Easter again. Wow!). Anyway, I love you Dad :)

We had an interesting week, with a really fantastic weekend. :)  We had some really sweet lessons this week, and actually one of them committed to live the Law of Chastity and is going to get married this week!! At least, we hope. :) But yeah, that was really sweet, and he's progressing really well. Also, this other lady we're teaching is just so prepared, and actually defends us against the people around her when they start talking bad about us. Like last night the fact that we don't drink coffee was brought up, and her friends and stuff started bashing on us, but she just was like "you don't know anything about it, let them explain!" and stuff like that. It was really pretty hysterical haha.

This week I've been dealing with some nasal congestion and stuff, and for the past few days haven't been able to hear very well because I've been all plugged up and stuff haha. But it's been good. :) 

Anyway, the event of greatest importance this week was the visit that we got as a mission from Elder Neil L. Andersen. :) That was AMAZING!! So Saturday morning we all meet in Trujillo Alto, and I played the prelude (for an Apostle!!!), as we waited for him to come. He then arrived, and the Spirit was so strong. The whole mission shook his hand, and then we began. I also sang in an octet, singing "Ye Elders of Israel" which was really powerful, and the Alvarados were crying as they spoke together to begin the meeting. After, the Rasbands (Elder Ronald A. Rasband and his wife) spoke to us, as well as the Zivics (from the area presidency), and then Sis. Andersen did for a bit. Then for an hour, Elder Andersen spoke and gave a presentation about the difference between temporal and spiritual things, and that we don't speak or teach about temporal things, but we teach eternal things, or the things that can't be seen; like faith, repentance, miracles, the power of prayer, etc. It was a fantastic talk, and then after they all left. The next day, Sunday, was the San Juan Stake Conference, and he spoke there as well. It was a really great experience, and I am so grateful to have been a part of it. :) There are a couple of pictures from the Alvarados that they sent to the mission that I will send to you too. 

And then last night we get the information about transfers. Uh-oh. Elder Peacock has been transferred to Aguadilla, on the other side of the island! This moves me from ZL2 to ZL1. Yikes. But I get a companion that I have worked with before, and that I think will help us both out a lot: Elder Durfee! They moved him up from Yauco to here in Santurce with me. :) So that was a crazy change, along with a few other ones in the zone. It promises to be an interesting transfer, but I think it will be a good one. I'm excited to see what happens. :) 

But yeah, I can't really think of much else to say. It was a good week, and we're really hoping that with the visit of Elder Andersen, we'll be able to see some miracles here in Puerto Rico. We're close to baptizing some of our investigators, so I'm really excited for that. :) 

I love you all so very very much, and pray for you daily. You're all very important to me, and I know that the Gospel is what gives us happiness. :) Thank you all for all that you do, and I look forward to hearing from you again next week. :) 

Much love,

Elder Kimball Ray Gardner
Puerto Rico San Juan Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment