Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

06 August 2012

Week 36: Training? What?

My dear family!

It's a bit later than usual as I begin to write this email, but it's all good. :) It seems like the craziness doesn't want to stop following me around! Haha but no, it's been a pretty good week, and a few changes! I'll get to 'em in a second though.

Mom - THANK YOU for the Olympic updates! It sounds like it's a pretty sweet Olympics this time around! What's the medal count? And keep your eye out for a Puerto Rican track/field athlete named Javier Culson - he's their highest shot at a gold, so everybody here loves him haha. But it sounds like the basketball is going great, and I actually did hear about the Nigerian blowout from one of our investigators. Wow.
Dad - Well it sounds like you and Mom had a great time in Vegas! Happy Anniversary in a couple of days, by the way (It is Aug. 8, right?). Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time, and I hope that fire doesn't get any bigger! I will keep that in my prayers, and I hope that it gets contained and everything soon. And wow. I loved that about the Articles of Faith. That's amazing. Thank you for sharing that!
Marilee - I wrote to you separate. :)

Anyway, another crazy week! So if you remember last week I was with Elder Durfee and Elder Morrison, and we were in a trio. Well on Monday night I get a call from President Alvarado asking me if I'm ready for a companion. I say yes, and he tells me that my new companion's name is Elder Caal, that he is from Guatemala, and that I need to love him. He also tells me that we're moving the next day (Tuesday).

So Tuesday morning comes around and we're all packed and stuff and the beds are taken down and ready to be moved, and at around 10:00 the Icelys (the Senior Missionaries in charge of houses/cars/etc.) come to help us, and the Zone Leaders bring my new companion! He's pretty cool, and I have a picture of him I'll send next.


New companion, Elder Caal
Anyway, so we moved apartments, and it is beautiful. It is a very very very nice house, and I have pictures of it to show you! The house is beautiful, and so so so much better than the last one, and it's been good having to talk only in Spanish all day, it's definitely helping me learn. Also, Elder Caal got to the island on June 20 and is still a part of the 12 week program for new missionaries, which technically means I'm training. However, he has 5 months on the mission because he had to wait in Guatemala for his visa. So... I'm not exactly sure what the situation is, but since he's doing the 12 week program for the first time and has to do the extra hour of study, I think I'm training. Wow.

But yeah, investigator wise it's been an alright week. We talked to this one guy named Edison, and he's pretty cool! He's a Dominican, and we talked a bit about baptism the other night because he seemed really interested in baptism.  I sure hope he comes on Sunday! Anyway, he's my favorite investigator at the moment, although we do have another one right now who has some promise because he is looking for the change we have to offer. He told us that he wants the happiness that he sees in our faces, so I hope we can help him with that! His name is Josué and he seems really sincere, so I really hope he can progress.

A funny story this week haha... so Friday we talked to Walter, the guy who made those things for you (you did get the package, right???), and he told us that on Saturday there was a big storm coming through Puerto Rico. He was right. Saturday, we were blessed to go out with the Bishop for the first part of the day, but we were left to fend for ourselves at about 4:00, and OH MY GOODNESS it was raining!! Holy cow! We were riding our bikes basically through rivers. The streets were rivers and the rain just kept on coming down. Hard. We were SOAKED for the whole rest of the day haha... oh man... holy cow. Basically it was as if I had jumped into the river. It was a lot of fun. :) Kind of a pain when we got home, but it was still fun. But yeah, so then we came home and got changed and stuff.

So yeah, it was an overall good week! We work hard and we do our best to help other people come unto Christ. :) Next week is going to be really different because on Monday Elder Zivic from the Area Presidency is coming, and we're going to be in Mayagüez for that meeting until 2:00, so I don't know what's going to happen with our P-day and stuff, if it's going to be those last 4 hours that day or if they'll give us Tuesday and whatnot. I don't know. So don't panic if weird things happen next week! :) Haha, that should be a good meeting. Anyway, I'm glad you're all doing great. I pray about you always, and it's always a pleasure to read about what's going on back home! Thank you for your support and for everything you do. :) I love you all so very very much!


Con mucho amor,
Elder Kimball Ray Gardner
Puerto Rico San Juan Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment