Slideshow

LuvDigiScraps's Awesome Mission Pics album on Photobucket

15 October 2013

Week 98: Time Is FLYING By...

Well wow... another crazy week gone by way too fast haha.

Mom - Honestly I'd rather be released in person haha... and I'd like to stay a missionary for as long as I can, so I think it can wait 'til we get home. I like the sign with the one M, I think it's a cool idea. However, I would add something about donating the food to the Utah Food Bank, just so people don't think that we take it and eat it haha. In any case, I'm glad it's all worked out and you'll be able to spend some time here in the sunny Caribbean! :)
Dad - Well I must say, that's a pretty sweet addition to the Haunted Hollow! I'd like to go shoot zombies with a paintball gun haha... that's pretty sweet. It sounds like you're having the usual headaches that come with October... sorry. And all I have to say to people who have that doubt about no proof is Alma 30:44. Basically just what you said. 

So yeah, it was a crazy week. We had transfers at the beginning of the week, and had to do that. There were 18 incoming missionaries, so … yeah, just think about that! We drove around the whole island on Monday, picking up missionaries to take to the islands, and then on Tuesday night after helping get all the new missionaries in, we had to drive to Arecibo taking 2 missionaries there haha... so yeah, it was kind of crazy. :) Besides that, we had a pretty good week! 

Cool experience of the week: we were contacting in a caserio here close to the church, and we talked to this lady who said that she had been looking for a church for a long time. We talked a bit about the Restoration, and then left her a pamphlet to read, and we set a return appointment for the next day. Sadly, we weren't able to get a member to come with us, so we couldn't teach her, but when we went back, the very first question out of her mouth was "where can I get a copy of the Book of Mormon?" We were ecstatic! We immediately gave her one and invited to read and pray about it. She said she would do so and teach her 4 children from it. Amazing! The Lord truly is preparing the hearts of people out here - we just need to be able to find them.

We've also been able to teach other investigators, and to see progress in them. There is one man who is progressing really well. While we teach, it appears as though he's not understanding, but when we ask follow-up questions, we realize that he's understood every word! He said he'd be baptized on the 9th of November, so our goal with him is to get him to church this Sunday.

One thing we've felt impressed to do in our area is to visit all the active member families and share the message of the Restoration with them, and then talking a bit about Hastening the Work of Salvation, and then inviting them to pray about somebody with whom they can share the Gospel. This past week we had a couple of really great experiences in teaching the member families, and the Spirit is always so strong with them, because they add their testimonies, and they really realize how important this message is to them. We have a few more appointments like that set up for this coming week, so we're looking forward to that.
So yeah, it's been a good week, good times. :) Something I want to ask you to do though; I was thinking that it's about time to start recording piano music. I don't know what connections you may have or anyone you or others might know who would be willing to record music and sell it, but I have about 4 or 5 songs right now in my head that I think would be ready to record once I got home. So just something to think about. :)

Anyway, I love you! Thanks for everything. :) Look forward to hearing from you next week! 

¡Echamo' pa'lante!

Elder Kimball Ray Gardner
Puerto Rico San Juan Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment